Do you keep beating yourself up over countless failures, like: failing to workout, lack of self discipline, eating the wrong food, business breakdowns, waking up to late, lost relationships?
Do you see only what you have done wrong?
Does it make you feel awful?
Then, you need to start loving yourself.
If you don’t love yourself, nobody will.
Think about the feelings you have when you love somebody else: support, acceptance, positivity, kindness, appreciation, empathy and compassion.
Do you feel the same about yourself?
Then you need to do something about it.
- Pursue your passions. Find work that you genuinely enjoy. Discover what makes you unique and what makes you feel good. Stop pushing yourself too hard. Be kind to yourself. Cool down. Do more of what you love to do. The more you do those things, the happier you will be. Maybe you need to join a club to meet like-minded people who inspire you, or you need to take an acting class or to join a sailing team. Following your own interests, you will attract people to you who share your excitement and they will make it easier for you to follow your passion. Do what you need to do to be you. Don’t let anyone criticize you because they think you are being selfish. Ignore them. You will feel better and you will be able to take better care of others.
- Respect yourself and give yourself a break, even if you experience failure after failure.
“If you’ve never failed, you’ve never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein
“You never fail until you stop trying.” Albert Einstein
- Stop assuming that someone else is better than you.
“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” Malcolm Forbes
- Get rid of your bad habit of only focusing on the negative aspects of your life because it makes those things seem disproportionately important. Make a habit of being grateful for the good things in your life every day.
“Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions.” Zig Ziglar
- Carefully choose who you spend time with. Spend your time with non judgmental people. Surround yourself with people who are supportive and accept you for who you are.
- Own your feelings. Having feelings is human. Do not feel guilty about your feelings. Do you feel like crying? Find some privacy and cry. Try to understand why you feel as you do and learn from it.
- Avoid perfectionism. Perfectionism leads to procrastination. Procrastination is all about fear of failure. Take imperfect action. It is much better than taking no action. You can always learn on the way, important is to take the first step.
“Fortunate are those who take the first steps.”Paulo Coelho
“Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
If you treat people as if they are capable to accomplish something they will eventually accomplish that thing. It works the same way with yourself. Treat yourself as if you are able to do great things and you will do great things.
Take it slowly.
I know that life is short, but that is why you need to take it easy. If you push yourself setting big every day expectations, you will most probably fail and that will weaken your self esteem.
The write way is to take baby little steps every single day.
In the beginning take the smallest steps you can take, but take them every single day.
Love yourself, accept yourself and be kind to yourself, and you will accomplish things you have never imagined.